About Learning For Life
ABN: 47 260 122 955
In 2004, a group of parents and professionals from the medical, behavioural therapy, business strategy and media fields identified the need for affordable, best-practice, early intervention Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA) therapy for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in Australia. Having witnessed ABA’s high effectiveness in treating children with ASD, and its very high costs, they became determined to find a way to make ABA affordable for Australian children on the spectrum.
Their answer was to create the not-for-profit Learning for Life Autism Centre (L4Life).
To provide the highest standard of ABA-based services to help children with ASD and their families reach their full potential, regardless of their financial circumstances.
We are driven by wanting children with autism to have access to the best educational start possible and for them to remain educationally, socially and emotionally engaged as they transition through their preschool, primary and secondary school years, and beyond.
At Learning for Life, we aim to accomplish our mission by:
- Providing autism services that address the multiple needs of children with ASD and their families:
- Early Intensive Behavioural Intervention (EIBI) autism programs via our Full-Service and Consultancy models
- A School Behavioural Support program
- The Secret Agent Society Social Skills program to improve the emotional understanding and social skills of 8 to 12 year olds with high-functioning ASD
- Psychological services/assessments
- Parent training
- Making our EIBI ABA programs accessible to financially disadvantaged families by subsidising them, as much as possible, with funds raised from events, grants and private donations through our Fair Access program. We also endeavour to keep our service fees as low as possible.
- Advocating for increased public and private sector support for ABA through research on our outcomes and by partnering with other Australian ABA organisations, and
- Training aspiring therapists in best-practice ABA therapy delivery and creating an enduring career path for them.
As part of our high-standard delivery, we train all of our therapists using the Lovaas Institute’s Certification curriculum. The Lovaas Institute — a globally recognised, pioneering organisation in ABA research and delivery — has been our senior consulting body since our 2004 beginning. Our training is comprehensive and includes evaluating performance-based objectives relevant to the implementation of behavioural intervention for children with Autism. Consequently, while there is a stringent academic component to each certification level, the larger component of the process requires a demonstration of skills learned from theory through practice. Learn more about our therapist training.
Learning for Life Autism Centre is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
For more information on L4Life:
To learn more about us and about the children and families who inspire us in our work, please watch our 15th Anniversary video; Four L4Life Stories.