You’re Invited to Our Centre Opening Event on 18 March 2018Tuesday, February 13 2018
The Learning For Life team invites you and the rest of our L4Life Village to our Centre Opening event — a celebration of our new home in Kew!
11am – 1pm
Sunday 18 March 2018
Learning for Life Autism Centre
25-27 High St Sth, Kew, Vic 3103
What to expect
– Tours and children’s activities
– Sausage sizzle lunch
– A short presentation at midday
– Discover the new L4life Village Hub
– Meet our people & learn about our services
– See our new playground
– Come together as a community!
This is a free event.
How far we’ve come
In 2004, L4Life set up office in Surrey Hills, working alongside the Autism Behavioural Intervention Association for 4 years. We were very small, with 1 full time staff member (Naomi Labrum), who was both the Clinical Director and Office Manager, and 5 part time therapists. In 2005, we started with 3 children in home-based funded ABA programs, adding two more by the end of the year and grew very slowly.
As of 2018, our team has grown to include:
– A Clinical Director who overseas 5 supervisors, 2 co-supervisors and 30 therapists
– A Business Manager who overseas clinical and admin/business operations
– An office manager
– A timetable manager
– A part time grants officer
– A communication and marketing team (volunteers and part time employee)
– Fundraising volunteers and a wonderful volunteer board
And we help:
– 50 families doing home-based early intensive behavioural intervention
– Over 50 children in many schools across Melbourne and Victoria
– Parents and professionals outside of L4Life with training in-house and with the ABIA
– By running social skills program and psychological services, too
We built up slowly to maintain our best practice and mission and are very proud to show you where we have settled now: a place that feels like home for our families, staff, board and volunteers.