Secret Agent Society Social Skills Program for 8-12 y/oTuesday, March 3 2015
This revolutionary social skills program is designed to improve the emotional understanding and social skills of 8-12 year olds with high-functioning ASD. Term 2 spaces are filled, but we are accepting enrolments for Term 3. Please contact L4Life at 9836 5516 for details.
Developed by the Queensland-based Social Skills Training Institute and gaining popularity worldwide, the Secret Agent Society (SAS) teaches these children crucial skills, including:
- How to recognise emotions in themselves and others.
- How to express feelings in appropriate ways.
- How to start, continue and end conversations and play activities with others.
- How to cope with feelings of anger and anxiety.
- How to tell the difference between friendly joking and mean teasing.
- How to manage bullying.
- How to cope with making mistakes, and
- How to handle new situations and ask for help when needed.
L4Life is conducting SAS at its centre at 463A Whitehorse Road, Balwyn, Victoria. However, this highly flexible program can also be adapted to a school’s broader needs. Expressions of interest from schools are welcome.
To get a sense of this innovative program, please watch the video here: