Now Seeking: Psychologist
The Learning for Life Autism Centre seeks a behavioural Psychologist to join our vibrant team based at our centre in Kew. The role is either Full Time or Part Time – minimum 22.8 hours per week up to 38 hours per week – to be worked between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday. While our centre is based in Kew, clients are also supported within their homes and schools.
About Learning for Life Autism Centre:
In 2004, a group of parents and professionals identified the need to establish affordable, best-practice, early intervention Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA) therapy for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Having witnessed ABA’s high effectiveness in teaching children with ASD, and its very high costs, they became determined to find a way to make ABA affordable for Australian children on the spectrum. Their answer was to create the not-for-profit Learning for Life Autism Centre (L4Life).
In our 15+ years, L4L have made significant gains towards improving the lives of children with ASD and the quality of life for their families. Including growing our Clinical staff from just five therapists 5 to 35+ therapists throughout Victoria.
For more information about Learning for Life Programmes, Services and Training, please visit our website.
Key responsibilities and duties of the role include:
- Psychological consultations with children and/or their parents;
- Conducting school/classroom observations;
- Conducting functional behaviour analysis;
- Providing recommendations to school staff and/or parents on topics that include behaviour management, curriculum adaption, social skills development and communication skill development;
- Running professional development for schools (these can be child specific or general and cover topics such as teaching children with ASD or teaching social skills, self-regulation etc.);
- Meeting with, mentoring and/or training teaching staff;
- Supporting applications for school and NDIS funding;
- Conducting psychological assessments of children (including writing psychological reports and conducting feedback sessions following assessment); and
- Supporting and/or preparing and presenting at relevant conferences.
Quality and safety requirements include:
- Ensuring privacy and confidentiality is maintained at all times;
- Adherence to quality, risk management and occupational health and safety policies;
- Promoting and upholding a workplace free from bullying, harassment and discrimination; and
- Commitment to the Child Safe Standards.
- Appropriate qualifications in psychology and current registration as a Psychologist through AHPRA;
- At least two years’ experience working with children with an Autism Spectrum Disorder and/or behaviour management needs;
- Knowledge and experience supporting families to navigate the NDIS is preferable;
- Proficient in MS Office and computer systems (e.g. client management software);
- Excellent communication and people skills; and
- Satisfactory Working with Children Check (refer to full job description for details of other checks required as a condition of employment).
What we offer:
- Not for Profit Salary Packaging benefits;
- Access to an Employee Assistance Counselling Program;
- A friendly, inclusive and supportive team and working environment;
- Award rates; and
- Training, professional development and support.
For any enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Psychologist enquiry via website.
To apply, please send your cover letter (addressing the Selection Criteria from the Position Description) and your resume to email@example.com, using the subject line: Pyschologist application via website.
The Learning for Life Autism Centre is committed to the wellbeing and safety of children. We have zero tolerance for child abuse.
We are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We have zero tolerance for discrimination or harassment because of neurodiversity, race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.