Now Seeking: Therapists
The Learning for Life Autism Centre seeks clinical therapists to join our vibrant team based at our centre in Kew. This is an exciting opportunity for Undergrads/Graduates to work with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The role is either casual or permanent part time. While our centre is based in Kew, clients are also supported within their homes and schools.
About Learning for Life Autism Centre:
In 2004, a group of parents and professionals identified the need to establish affordable, best-practice, early intervention Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA) therapy for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Having witnessed ABA’s high effectiveness in teaching children with ASD, and its very high costs, they became determined to find a way to make ABA affordable for Australian children on the spectrum. Their answer was to create the not-for-profit Learning for Life Autism Centre (L4Life).
In our 15+ years, L4Life have made significant gains towards improving the lives of children with ASD and the quality of life for their families. Including growing our Clinical staff from just five therapists 5 to 35+ therapists throughout Victoria.
For more information about Learning for Life Programmes, Services and Training, please visit our website.
Key responsibilities and duties of the role include:
- Teaching strategies using principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis;
- Be part of a team responsible for delivering the program for each client’s therapy including maintaining consistency across programs as directed by the supervisor;
- Assist in the implementation of programming in a range of areas including: Social interaction; communication; language; functional living skills; educational/academic skills; recreation/leisure; self-help skills; pastime development; pre-vocational skills; gross and fine motor skills; behavioural management;
- Comply with any data collection systems implemented to measure a client’s progress in each of the above areas. Collect data in a consistent way, keep clear notes, and legible handwriting;
- Document client progress ensuring notes are objective and factual; and
- Actively participate in in-service information and training sessions.
Quality and safety requirements include:
- Ensuring privacy and confidentiality is maintained at all times;
- Adherence to quality, risk management and occupational health and safety policies;
- Promoting and upholding a workplace free from bullying, harassment and discrimination; and
- Commitment to the Child Safe Standards.
- Currently undertaking an undergraduate course or are a graduate in one of the following fields:
- Social Sciences.
- Occupational Therapy.
- Speech Pathology.
- Behavioural Sciences.
- Education, Early Childhood or Classroom Aide.
- Board-Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA) or similar.
- Demonstrated work or experience with young children;
- Experience in providing clinical and/or behaviour assessment, intervention and support for children with a disability;
- Experience working with challenging behaviour, intellectual disability, and autism;
- Knowledge and experience supporting families to navigate the NDIS is preferable;
- A strong focus on client development and commitment to ongoing professional development;
- A current Driver Licence will be looked upon favourably;
- A willingness and ability to travel up to 30 mins from home;
- Proficient in MS Office and computer systems (e.g. client management software); and
- Excellent communication and people skills.
What we offer:
- Learning for Life is committed to:
- Continuing training;
- Providing a mentor system and social interaction amongst therapists;
- Creating leadership opportunities to represent L4Life at conferences; and
- Ensuring opportunities for upward mobility.
L4Life recruits and trains promising, high-calibre individuals in the latest ABA principles and techniques using our Certification Training Program. Our training is comprehensive and includes evaluating performance-based objectives relevant to the implementation of behavioural intervention for children with Autism. By delivering this training, we aim to ensure that our therapists deliver best-practice ABA therapy. Learn more about our Therapist Training.
For any enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Therapist enquiry via website.
To apply, please send your cover letter (addressing the Selection Criteria from the Position Description) and your resume to email@example.com, using the subject line: Therapist application via website.
The Learning for Life Autism Centre is committed to the wellbeing and safety of children. We have zero tolerance for child abuse.
We are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We have zero tolerance for discrimination or harassment because of neurodiversity, race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.