The Secret Agent Society Social Skills Program
This revolutionary program is designed to improve the emotional understanding and social skills of children aged 8-12 years old with high-functioning ASD. Developed by the Queensland-based Social Skills Training Institute and gaining popularity worldwide, the Secret Agent Society (SAS) teaches these children crucial skills, including:
- How to recognise emotions in themselves and others
- How to express feelings in appropriate ways
- How to start, continue and end conversations and play activities with others
- How to cope with feelings of anger and anxiety
- How to tell the difference between friendly joking and mean teasing
- How to manage bullying
- How to cope with making mistakes, and
- How to handle new situations and ask for help when needed.
L4Life is conducting SAS at its centre at 25-27 High Street South, Kew. Given that SAS is a highly flexible program that can be adapted to a school’s broader needs, we also offer it to schools.
To get a sense of this innovative program, please watch this video from the Social Skills Training Institute:
If you are interested in enrolling your child in SAS, or are a school interested in conducting the program, please contact us at (03) 9853 4607 or email us at email@example.com.
‘Every Thursday for 10 weeks Charlie worked hard as a participant in his Secret Agent Society Social Skills program. Along with two other boys his age, he learned some amazing stuff—reading social cues and body language, understanding his own body’s response to anxiety or anger, relaxation strategies, play skills, social and conversation skills, how to be a good friend and what to do when confused or things go wrong … so valuable for him, for us as a family and for his school participation.’
— Sue, mother of Charlie