Secret Agent Society Social Skills Program
A revolutionary program designed to improve the emotional understanding and social skills of children aged 8-12 years old with high-functioning ASD.
Developed by the Queensland-based Social Skills Training Institute and gaining popularity worldwide, the Secret Agent Society (SAS) teaches these children crucial skills, including how to:
- Recognise emotions in themselves and others;
- Express feelings in appropriate ways;
- Start, continue and end conversations and play activities with others;
- Cope with feelings of anger and anxiety;
- Tell the difference between friendly joking and mean teasing;
- Manage bullying;
- Cope with making mistakes, and;
- Handle new situations and ask for help when needed.
Available in Kew and in Schools
Learning For Life Autism Centre is conducting Secret Agent Society at its centre at 25-27 High Street South, Kew. Given that SAS is a highly flexible program that can be adapted to a school’s broader needs, we also offer it to schools.
To get a sense of this innovative program, please watch this video from the Social Skills Training Institute:
Speak to our team about your needs
‘Every Thursday for 10 weeks Charlie worked hard as a participant in his Secret Agent Society Social Skills program. Along with two other boys his age, he learned some amazing stuff—reading social cues and body language, understanding his own body’s response to anxiety or anger, relaxation strategies, play skills, social and conversation skills, how to be a good friend and what to do when confused or things go wrong … so valuable for him, for us as a family and for his school participation.’
— Sue, mother of Charlie